SUMMER 2008:

- June 2008
- July 2008
- August 2008
- September 2008


Pearls cove on route to the Lighthouse

Public Archaeology Program - Fortress Site

Dates: August 11 - 15, and August 18 - 22
Cost: $650 per person
Contact: Debbie Martell, Program Coordinator, Fortress Louisbourg Association
Phone: (902) 733-2280 ext. 3436
Email: debmartell56@hotmail.com
Web: www.fortressoflouisbourg.ca

The 2008 season will focus on field study at the De la Valliere property which was occupied by French, British and New Englanders between 1720 and 1758. During each session, a crew of 10 -12 participants will excavate a portion of the De la Valliere property; learn about archaeological field and lab techniques and attend presentations addressing current historical research at the Fortress.

 


   

Boardwalk at Main-a-Dieu